Media project reflection

The most significant thing I learned about this assignment was how important it is to get to know your client, and what they enjoy doing. When I was assigned the strawberry basket I was unsure of how I would incorporate the media into a functional and meaningful intervention for Jane. But when I learned she enjoyed cooking, gardening, and going to pottery classes I was able to (eventually) come up with something!

I think knowing and understanding what GBS is, the symptoms of it, and the different stages of the condition made it a lot easier to come up with the intervention. Also, I appreciated the goal writing template Dr. Lancaster posted for us! It was helpful to read different examples of goals based on the type of intervention approach - preventative, modification, etc. I am no expert at goal writing but I did learn a lot more than I knew before.

This assignment definitely challenged me to think outside of the box! It was difficult to come up with an idea at first because of how it needed to be original and that we were unable to use the media in the same way it was made for. But because of the GBS lecture and how we've talked about different interventions and adaptive equipment in class I was able to put on my OT think hat. I believe this prepares us for the future and worked on our creativity skills!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man from the South

Restoring confidence in mobility

My Why...