My Why...

Image result for mother teresa quote spread love everywhere you go

When I first came across this quote by Mother Teresa I was a freshman in college, not knowing what I wanted to do. All I knew was I wanted to go into a profession where I could live these words out loud, everyday. I didn't learn about occupational therapy growing up but my undergrad has an occupational therapy program so it was a big thing there. Once I was introduced to the pediatric side of the OT world I knew this was the career field I needed to be a part of for the next 40 years of my life. Shortly thereafter, I began working part time at a developmental preschool and therapy place in Conway, AR known as Pediatrics Plus. I fell in LOVE with the place, the field of OT, and the people there. I learned more about OT, but I also learned the importance of inclusion and how to find joy in the smallest of things. The kids and their families, the therapists, the administration, and my former co-workers there are a huge part of my "why" I want to be an OT and "why" I want to be the living proof of Mother Teresa's quote above. Before working there I thought I would be the one to teach the children I worked with but after my 2 1/2 years at Pediatrics Plus I realized they were the ones that taught me everything. I am so excited to begin this new journey and see what all occupational therapy school and the career will teach me for the rest of my life! Below are some pictures of the people that made me fall in love with this field.

Stay tuned to see what new adventures this journey takes me on, friends!







Comments

  1. I love that quote!! I'm so glad you found your way to the profession of OT and to UTHSC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Man from the South

Restoring confidence in mobility